Monday, March 9, 2009

Snowing, Growing, & Going Green

I cannot believe it is snowing again. I had full-on Spring fever, but this morning began with a windy hailstorm and now it is snowing steadily. To fight off those Winter blues, I cheered myself up by ordering these, and I can't wait to try them out. Thanks to Mom on the Move for sending me the link! Stay tuned for a full report as the Gutsies go green (or, at least Madelyn's private parts do).

Meanwhile, the kids are growing like weeds. Maddie had her 2-month check-up and is 50th percentile for height and around the 75th for weight. (They did have her down as weighing 16.5 pounds--way off the charts--until I made them re-weigh her. She is actually 12 lbs 11 oz, which is about what I thought. I mean, I know my kid has (adorable, dimpled) cheeks that a sumo would envy, but she is not an obese 2-month old. The most alarming part, in my opinion, is that no one was concerned that she weighed 16.5 pounds until I started asking about it. Don't you think a doctor should remark if your child's weight is off the charts by a good inch or more?)

Big Sis seems to grow taller by the day, but every time we measure her, she's still hanging around 36 inches tall. This is tall for her age, but not outrageous. The docs still predict that she will be about 5'10". Perhaps she appears taller to us because she is losing her "baby" looks? This is a bittersweet transition for me. She'll be 3 in July, so she certainly isn't a baby anymore, but time is flying, and I just want to cuddle with her in my arms for as long as she will let me.

Finally, I leave you with the latest installment of "I Made This." The first three photos are of my newly created recipe stand. This is part of my recipe book (food we actually eat) project. I can pull recipes out of there and put them in this easel album to have on the kitchen counter during the week, since both are the 6x6 format. The counter-top easel album holds 24 recipes which slip in and out easily and are protected from kitchen stains. How cool is that? The others are cards I made for recent occassions. (All supplies by CTMH. I can hook you up.)






2 comments:

AdventureMom said...

Those dipeys look really neat. You'll have to let me know what you think and we might give them a try in October!
PS: I published a comment in your Feb 24th post... if you're like me you probably don't look back that far ;-)

ajk said...

Nice baby project! What paper did you use? You'll have to let everyone know how the dipers work - I looked into them, but they seemed way too complicated.