Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Single Mom's Survival Guide

I've decided to scrapbook a survival guide to help me get through these 15 months. In it I will have countdowns and calendars, lists and goals, pictures and tributes to the things I love, etc. The idea is that I will be able to use it during the RLBT as a motivational tool and pick-me-up, and then it can serve as a memory book of this incredibly challenging time after we make it through. I had fun making this cover from some new supplies I found at a discount store while we were in Maine. I love Reny's!This is the first page, where I have listed dozens of things, like margaritas and lattes, good friends and netflix, that I know will help make the time go more quickly. (I think if you click on the pictures you can see a larger version and see the details.)The next spread is my weekly countdown. I love these colors. Stacy Julian would be so proud of me. COLOR! COLOR! COLOR! (And I'm pretty sure the Gutsy Dad might get excited about the use of our 8.5 x 11 page protectors!)I'll use these little 1x1 squares to mark off the weeks, and when I'm done the page will just be a pretty paper-quilt, checkerboard-like thing. Tomorrow I get to adhere my first little square. WOO HOO!Close-up of the weekly countdown.

1 comment:

Billie said...

This is the coolest! It'll be a great thing to have years down the road. I'm jealous and wish I had some sort of craftiness quality :). I'll be reading up on your stories and thinking of you and Vicki a lot!