Wednesday, March 7, 2007

My 30th Run

Well, it wasn't my best or my prettiest, but I did it. Thirty runs in 60 days. This morning's run was completely anti-climactic and practically comical. For starters, I was running at 7:30 in the morning so I could take advantage of the fact that my hubby was going in late to work so I could run solo. I don't think I was awake until about 5 strides before the end. Next, I took my meds before the run, but didn't have anything to eat or drink, so about ten minutes into the run I had an overwhelming urge to vomit. I spent the rest of the run fighting this urge. I was having all sorts of first trimester flashbacks. Lastly, my legs were ridiculously stiff, since I ran for two days in a row (basically a no-no for me).

Nevertheless, I have completed my first training goal: 30 runs in 60 days, from January 8th to March 7th (actually only 59 days). My total annual mileage is now 65.7 miles (or roughly 2.19 miles per run). Only 3 runs ended up being shorter than 2 miles, with most of the runs being 2.2 or 2.4 miles a piece.

Slowest pace: 17:10 (January 24, in the snow)
Fastest pace: 12:24 (March 6)

As running segments increase, my pace automatically improves. And yes, those 10 minutes of walking at the beginning are included in my pace calculations. Eventually, I'll kick them out of the figures, and they won't even count towards total workout minutes, but that's not for a while yet.

Reward: New running shoes. I can't wait!!! Thanks to a friend who is going back to the States to visit his wife who works at Fleet Feet, I should have some new kicks hand-delivered to my door in a few weeks. YEE HAW!

Run on, Gutsy Mom!

No comments: