Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Five Things That Always Cheer Me Up


I am having a cheerful day, but I thought I'd post this here in case I needed a reminder in the future.

FIVE THINGS THAT ALWAYS CHEER ME UP:

1. The scent of favorite lotions: L'Occitane Shea Butter, Mustela Vitamin Barrier Cream, even Desitin (regular strength, creamy).

2. A favorite beverage with a straw in it: iced coffee, San Pellegrino Limonata on ice, even just iced water.

3. Thick slabs of toasted sour dough bread with a bit of salted butter.

4. Something organized, after the organizing is done.

5. A loud, lengthy sing-along in the car (grown-up songs only), during which I imagine myself on stage, knocking the socks off the audience, most of whom are surprised to learn that I have the pipes.

What little things make you happy?

3 comments:

Mom on the Move! said...

When the laundry (or dishes or whatever) is clean and put away. Silly but true - it's one little thing that can get done or pile up. And of course reading about the Gutsy Family makes me happy - I love keeping up with folks as they scatter across the planet.

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog!

Fizi said...

Being able to motivate myself to do something that I can then tick of my To Do list. The sense of achievement is like a drug to me - just a shame that I am not addicted enough to clear everything on my list!