Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday Music Mojo

Staying home from the gym this morning so I can prepare the house for the packers, who come Wednesday.  (Not willing to sacrifice tomorrow's workout, so today's the day.)  So far I've swung by Sonic for the official drink of this pregnancy: diet cranberry limeade.  And now I'm sitting here blogging.  Hm.

So much to share, so little time.  As soon as I post this, I'm locking myself in the storage room until it is ready for the movers.  I have two laundry baskets full of papers and random things that must be dealt with.  Then it's on to the studio.  This may require a fair amount of Dora for the little one.

Anyway, on the ride from preschool to Sonic to home this morning I heard two pieces of music that always inspire, but in different ways.

If you need a little mojo to get your house in order try this one.  (Having trouble embedding videos today--you'll have to go to YouTube and then come back.)  You know I am always a sucker for a happy reggae beat. I love all the different happy people in this video, too.  Madelyn calls this "Papa's song" (we listen in the car a lot) because the lyrics say something like "hey papa, hey papa, close to you..." or something like that.

Or, if you need ramping down instead of ramping up, just sit down, close your eyes, and listen to this one.  I performed this yesterday with my amazing choir at church.  Perfect mother's day anthem, if you ask me.  (I'm also partial because the composer is a Harvard Grad and the piece premiered at Tanglewood, near my old neck of the woods.)

That's it.  Must MOTIVATE.

Love,
The GM

No comments: