Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cocktail of the Month: White Wine Peach Sangria

It's been a while since we've talked booze.  Well, let me clarify that.  It's been a while since we've talked booze on the blog.  It's a pretty regular topic of discussion in our household, especially in the summer. 

So.  I've got the perfect summer punch for you.  This is a riff off of a DELICIOUS white wine sangria that my beautiful friend Alicia made as the "appetizer" drink for my Baby #3 shower back in Kansas.  I could not fully enjoy it back then of course, being great with child, so I was pretty excited to remember it this summer.

Made a double batch of this for a pool party last week, and it was a hit.  Made a single batch of it for me and the Gutsy Dad the following night--also a hit.  Though, honestly, one batch is quite a lot of alcohol for just two people.  I'm wondering if you could store leftovers in the fridge and enjoy it the next day...

White Wine Peach Sangria Punch
one bottle white wine (750ml), I like to use cheap Pinot Grigio
one can of Fresca
12 oz vanilla vodka
12 oz peach nectar
frozen peaches
frozen raspberries

Assembly is easy.  Get out a big pitcher or bowl.  Pour in the bottle of wine.  Pour in the can of Fresca. Fill the Fresca can with vanilla vodka and dump it in.  Fill the Fresca can with peach nectar and dump it in.  (My peach nectar came in a larger bottle.  If you can find it in 12 oz cans, then you're all set.)  Add in the frozen fruits -- they help kick start the cooling of the punch.  Use as much or as little as you like when it comes to the fruits.  I had one bag of each that lasted for the three aforementioned batches of this recipe.  I think it is always nice to have a lot of yummy fruit in there, but this is also because I love to eat the drunken fruit.  Keep the pitcher chilled until ready to serve.  Fill glasses with ice, pour, and enjoy.

Of course you can use fresh fruit.  But that's pretty labor intensive for a summer drink, don't you think?


You recall how my man loves his girly drinks?  This one is no exception.


P.S. The wine glass in the first two pictures is from Curly Girl Designs.  I love love LOVE the things she designs.  I have four of her cards clipped to drawers in my creative space.  When Jillson saw my wine glass she said "you have that card upstairs!"  I'm always amazed at the details kids pick up.  The artwork on my wine glass is this one.  But I also love this one.

No comments: