Saturday, November 12, 2011

Don't Ask Me How or When I Made This


It's been a while since I posted anything crafty. 

It's been a while since I've done anything crafty. 

I think life with three kids 5 and under is taking its toll on my creative life. Plus, the spare time I do manage to find is being used in other ways: to read or to dream about reading, to write or to dream about writing, and to dream about working--that is--finding a sense of accomplishment outside of motherhood.

Which is not to say that I don't love and get some sense of accomplishment from my current "job." Nor is to say that I don't dream about papercrafts quite regularly. I think the Gutsy Dad is tired of hearing me exclaim: "Man, I just want to go scrap something!"  

"Then do it already," he says. 

But obligations and other preoccupations step in.  Or, let's face it, sleep steps in. I also dream of sleep.

So here is my latest. I don't even remember when or how I snuck the time in to make it. It was a few weeks ago, maybe.
(photo of Jillson is from her pre-k class in Kansas from last year)

I hope you all are enjoying a beautiful weekend. I sure am.

1 comment:

Fizi said...

Simple. stylish - it works for me! And, yes, I can fully appreciate the frustration of seeing, doing and experiencing so many things that I want to scrap and remember but can't find the time, space or emotional energy to. We just need to keep plugging away and loving what we can do.