Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Music Mojo: a song for Maddie

People, for the last three summers, two dear old friends of mine, the Stevenson brothers, have been serenading me and my daughter with a barbershop version of "Paddlin' Madelin' Home."

I was reminded of this by my dad who visited this weekend, and I thought "Why should the Stevenson brothers have all the fun?"  So just today I downloaded the Spike Jones version from iTunes to learn and sing around the house and car and whenever.  (The Bobby Darrin/Johnny Mercer duet also sounded awesome.)  

"Paddlin' Madelin' Home" is from the 1920's, but you can watch a video of a Welkian performance right here.  This is so goofy, I don't even know where to start.


(ps: The mojo must've worked.  Dogs have been bathed, as have I. So what if I forgot to put the garbage out.)

No comments: