The Gutsy Dad is in class today, so we five girly-girls are hanging out at home today. So far we have...
1) Made a Thanksgiving "tree of thanks" craft
2) Painted a portrait in blue & turquoise
3) Cleaned windows
4) Drew pictures on said windows (with markers for that purpose)
5) Designed the family Christmas card
6) Made "hot hors d'oeuvres," a recipe from my childhood, just because. (The smell of these roasting away in my toaster oven instantly transported me to my parents' living room, where I used to help pass appetizers during cocktail parties.)
Seems like a pretty good Girls' Day In so far. And, oh yeah:
Results from today's culling of emails starting with C & D...
Yahoo count: 2974
Other count: 338
What's the ultimate goal? No more than one screen's worth per account, which is roughly 25 per inbox. Right now, progress feels slow and elusive, rather like weightloss.
Hot Hors D’oeuvres
1 cup chopped olives
½ cup chopped scallions
1 ½ cups grated cheese (mixture of cheddar and parmesan is good)
½ cup mayo
½ tsp salt
½ tsp curry
party breads (those tiny little Pepperidge Farm loaves, or just cut up some dark rye)
Mix all the spread ingredients together thoroughly and spread onto the little breads. Broil and serve.
PS: I'm having blogger issues; it keeps randomly publishing before I am done typing or proofreading. Dude.