Okay, I realize there are much more important things going on in the world and our country right now, but I'd like to take a few moments to talk shopping. We are finding that moving back to the States has been quite expensive, so we are on a spending moratorium. And, much like dieting makes people instantly want chocolate cake, budgeting makes me want to shop. Since I can't, I thought I'd just talk about. (i.e. I'll just sniff the chocolate cake.):
1) gDipes now makes cloth inserts! As most of you know, Maddie wears the gDipes "Little G" pants with the neato flushable inserts inside instead of disposable diapers. I've long thought that the Little G pants would hold cloth inserts perfectly. I almost bought some off the internet that some lady had made, but now gDipe has their own. Of course they are already sold out. Hopefully they'll be back in stock soon, and you can look forward to reading about my forays into the world of cloth diapering.
2) I was appalled to see Pottery Barn Kids selling Barbie bedsheets. Ew.
3) Thumbs up to Medela. I have owned and used their Pump-in-Style Advanced breast pump since Jillson was born in July 2006. When we arrived here I discovered that the nubs on the cover plate where the hoses attach had broken off (probably from banging around in my luggage during our six-weeks on the road). Called Medela to order a replacement part and they sent it to me for free! LOVE THAT.
4) Recently discovered this source for non-hoochie-mama clothing for kids (and grown-ups): www.bodenusa.com. Too cute.
5) I am in love with my flip-flops and am wearing them until the last possible moment this season. Figure I can pull it off for another couple weeks. I saw them in Maine and didn't buy them because of the price. Went back later to get them anyway and the store was closed. But oh the almighty internet. Looking for an indian-summer splurge? Go to www.douglaspaquette.com.
'Kay. That's it.