Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Happiness Is...

Does anyone else remember that Charlie Brown song? I subscribe to the "Foundation for a Better Life" quote of the day email, because someone once told me to. This morning, I openeed it up and it said: "For happiness is anyone and anything at all that's loved by you." How true. I immediately heard the song in my head "Happiness is two kinds of ice cream, finding your skate key..." I performed this song when I was in 5th grade and I still remember parts of it, which is one reason why it is particularly happy-making for me that it appeared in a FBL email, which are usually filled with Goethe and Wordsworth and the like.

My favorite part of the song is "and happiness is walking hand in hand." The countdown is on for that activity. The Gutsy Dad comes home for a break in the RLBT the month after next.

Finally, I'm pretty sure Jillsie would agree with the sentiment in the FBL quote, too. She has become more affectionate recently, asking for kisses ("kith-ith"), asking to be carried ("calm-er"), and asking for hugs ("hock! hock!") She has even recently learned to say "I love you" much to both of her parents' delight.

Here she is hugging a new favorite, her "tur-tur" from Aunt Covie and Uncle Matt.


“For happiness is anyone and anything at all that's loved by you.”
—Charlie Brown; main character in the comic strip Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz.

5 comments:

sjr said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sjr said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sjr said...

Okay, try number three for posting a comment...

Given your post, it seems appropriate to me that a beagle won best of show last night.

Familie Barker said...

Very cute picture!! Did Jillson get a haircut?? (looks like she has some 'bangs'!)-Heather

Familie Barker said...

Very cute picture!! Did Jillson get a haircut?? (looks like she has some 'bangs'!)-Heather