Friday, May 4, 2007

My First 50 Runs

There are so many different things I want to write about today. But I'll start with an update on the goals. I weighed in this morning at 159.5. YEEHAW. This is a total loss of 13.5 pounds. Only 4 more to go to weight goal number one (155.7).

On Thursday I ran my 50th run. That's 50 times that I have laced up my shoes and put one foot in front of the other.

I think I am going to start a Beginning Running Club here in our neighborhood. I've spoken to enough neighbors who see me huffing and puffing by with Jillsie and the dogs, and they've asked how to get started. It would bring me immense satisfaction if I could help even one other woman feel good about herself through accomplishing running goals. I have wanted to do this since Austin. Back then I wanted to coach asthmatics and other "unlikely" runners. So I will do this. It would fit nicely into my secret plan to work for Girls on the Run again some day.

So there we have it.

No comments: