Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ideas In Their Heads

Jillson: Mom, I need a sorry.
Gutsy Mom: A sorry? For what?
Jillson: So I can be an Indian princess.
Gutsy Mom: Oh, you need a sari?
Jillson: Yeeees, Mom, a sari.

Exasperated by my slowness, she runs to my closet and brings back a pashmina, then shows me how to drape it over herself correctly, with one arm exposed.

Then, the little one comes flying around the corner, takes one look at big sister's get-up and asks "Is it pickle time?"  Without waiting for an answer she does her little happy dance while squealing "Pickle Time!  Pickle Time!"

I may not know what the heck is going on either, but at least I can't say it's boring around here.

2 comments:

Fizi said...

If we only we could all have such innocent joy in such crazy and fun ways! No idea what mine are thinking most of the time either - it certainly makes life exciting. Love to the Gutsy Family

Heather said...

Where are the Halloween pictures :-) ??